SLF Excellence Scholarships
SFL is pleased to offer Excellence Scholarships to entering first-time freshmen that have a demonstrated record of academic success. There are five award levels of Excellence Scholarships.
|Excellence Scholarship Award Level||Annual Award*||Duration||Total Award|
|President’s Scholarship||$10,000/year||4 years||$40,000|
|Dean’s Scholarship||$8,000/year||4 years||$32,000|
|North Texas Scholarship||$6,000/year||4 years||$24,000|
|Eagle Scholarship||$4,000/year||4 years||$16,000|
|Scrappy Scholarship||$1,000/year||4 years||$4,000|
*Subject to annual renewal criteria described below.
The level of award is determined by consideration of a student’s class rank and performance on the SAT or ACT. Please note that specific class ranking or achievement on a standardized test does not guarantee receipt of an Excellence Scholarship or a specific award level. Students must meet SLF;s minimum admission requirements to be considered for an SLF Excellence Scholarship.
To be eligible for SLF Excellence Scholarship consideration, a student must be:
- A first-time freshman admitted for the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
- Admitted by March 1, 2019. Students are advised to apply no later than February 1st to allow adequate time for processing.
- A full-time student taking a minimum of 12 college hours each fall and spring semester.
- Qualifying students will receive notification via email along with additional instructions for confirming receipt of their award.
- Excellence Scholarships are competitive, merit awards and are subject to available funding. Priority consideration is given to the earliest applicants.
We encourage future students to complete the General Scholarship Application and explore all scholarships offered by SLF. We also recommend that students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to fully consider other financial aid possibilities.
SLF Excellence Scholarships offer four years of support toward a bachelor’s degree for students that meet the renewal requirements:
- Maintain continuous enrollment and take a minimum of 12 hours each fall and spring;
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25; and
- Complete of a minimum of 24 hours each year during the fall and spring.
SLF Meritorious Scholarship for National Merit Finalists
National Merit Finalists who have designated a school of choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation are considered for a full four-year SLF scholarship. The scholarship covers tuition and mandatory fees, room and board on-campus (standard hall/double occupancy) with the 7-Day Basic meal plan, and textbook expenses up to $500 per semester.
You must designate a school of choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation by their published deadline. In addition, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The scholarship value is set annually using the SLF Undergraduate Average Cost of Attendance developed for SLF Meritorious Scholarship recipients.
|Award Description||4 Year Value – In-State||4 Year Value – Out-of-State|
|UNT Meritorious Scholarship||$102,000||$153,000|
|NMF Donor Award||$20,000||$20,000|
|Total Award Amount||$122,000||$173,000|
- National Merit Finalists who have designated a school of choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
SLF Meritorious Scholarship awards have the potential to be renewed for students meeting the continuing eligibility requirements. Length of award and renewal information will be provided to the student when an official scholarship offer is extended.
If you receive other need-based aid, your total SLF Meritorious Scholarship will be adjusted so that your financial aid and scholarship package will not exceed the total Cost of Attendance established by Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
SLF Frisco Founders Scholarship
SLFis pleased to offer a $5,000 scholarship to eligible students in celebration of the launch of a new undergraduate area of study in Project Design & Analysis.
To be eligible for the Frisco Founders Scholarship, a student must:
- Be a freshman with 15 or fewer hours of any type of college credit (including dual credit);
- Be admitted to a college with a declared major in the Bachelor of Science in Integrative Studies degree program, and formally indicate intention to pursue the track by July 15, 2019; and,
- Take a minimum of 12 SLF hours in Fall 2019 and in Spring 2020.
- Eligible non-Texas residents, including international students, may be considered for this scholarship.
- Receipt of this scholarship does NOT waive out-of-state tuition for non-Texas residents or international students.
Scholarship Duration and Use with Other Scholarships
- The SLF Frisco Founders Scholarship Is a one-year, $5,000 award that pays half in Fall 2019 and the remainder in Spring 2020 to students who maintain full-time continuous enrollment in the program;
- This scholarship is non-renewable after the Spring 2020 semester.
- This scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships. For students receiving financial aid (grants, work-study, and/or loans), this scholarship will be coordinated with other aid for maximum benefit.
- For scholarship consideration, students must formally notify Hope Garcia, Project Design & Analysis Program Coordinator, of their intention to pursue the program. Please be sure to include your college ID (8-digits) in all communications with the program coordinator.
- Students are automatically offered the SLF Frisco Founders Scholarship upon admission to the Project Design & Analysis track of the Bachelor of Science in Integrative Studies degree program.
- Qualifying students will be notified via email and physical mailing address along with instructions for confirming receipt of their award.
- This scholarship is subject to available funding with priority consideration given to the earliest applicants.
We encourage our students to explore all scholarship and aid opportunities offered at SLF. To identify other potential scholarships, please complete the SLF General Scholarship Application. Once you submit your application, you will be automatically matched to scholarships based on your personal and academic profile. For additional federal, state, and institutional aid possibilities, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).